Online searches related to the use and instillation of cable railings is on the rise. As a custom builder of cable railings, we are thrilled by the popularity of this design trend. Homeowners and home designers are attracted to their aesthetic appeal and safety features. Unlike traditional railings, cable railings can offer a cleaner, modern look, and provide an unobstructed view of the surrounding architecture or landscape.
One of the best things about cable railings is their customizability. By incorporating custom cable rails, you can enhance the overall look and feel of your or your client’s home. Today, we’ll take a look at how you can incorporate custom cable rails in your residential space.
Your Cable Railing Design Options
There are a variety of cable railing designs available, ranging from minimalist to ornate styles. Here are a few tips to help you narrow down your design options:
1. Consider your home’s style – When selecting a cable railing design, you want to ensure it complements your home’s architectural style and personality. A cohesive design will make your home look well-designed and thoughtfully planned. You can opt for a sleek, modern stainless-steel design or you can incorporate wood elements for a warmer feel that leans slightly traditional.
If you’re not sure which style fits the home, AR2 can help you customize your cable railings according to the measurements, color, and texture you’re trying to achieve.
2. Get inspired – Before you start the selection process, gather design inspiration from various sources. Look for cable railing designs on social media platforms such as Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Houzz. You can also go online to research inspiration from home design blogs and websites.
Our project gallery has tons of photos for you to peruse and get inspired. This way, you’ll get a clear idea of what you want and what’s available in the market.
3. Don’t forget about location – Your home’s location plays an essential role in selecting the right cable railing design – for indoor and outdoor applications. For example, if you’re living near the beach or in a humid environment, you may want to opt for materials that can withstand the coastal elements.
Stainless steel cable railing is an excellent option for oceanfront homes as it’s corrosion-resistant. For those living in a wooded area, opt for a cable railing design that complements the natural environment and colors.
4. Make safety a priority – Before installing any cable railing system, it’s important to consider local building codes. These codes usually dictate cable spacing, height requirements, handrail location, etc.
You can consult with an experienced engineer for precise information on how to properly design and install a cable railing system.
At AR2, we guarantee that all our cable railing designs meet the industry and local building codes.
5. Quality products require quality installation – Choosing your design style and materials is important, but to really achieve the look you want, you are going to want to hire a quality design and installation company that is experienced with these materials.
It is always better to turn to professional-grade installation services to guarantee the safety and reliability of the cable railings.
Make it Yours
At AR2, our best advice is to make it yours. What is your style and what do you want to achieve with your custom stairs and railings? Our team of experts are dedicated to transforming your space and completing your project on time and within budget, while exceeding your expectations. We are confident that we can provide you with the best possible service and product. Contact us today to discuss your custom stairway and railing needs.